The Cathedral School was refounded in 1880 as a choir school to Llandaff Cathedral, and became independent of the Cathedral as a preparatory school in 1957, when it became part of the Woodard family of schools. It moved to its current site (the old Bishop's Palace in Llandaff) in 1958, admitting girls and expanding to GCSE in the period between then and now.
In September 2013 a newly refurbished Infant School was formally opened, as was the new Sixth Form Centre, providing accommodation for up to 120 sixth formers and completing the school's expansion from being a Preparatory School to a Senior School with a thriving Junior department. In September 2014 a new classroom block for the Senior Section was officially opened, providing ten new classrooms for use by Years 7-13.
The document below gives a summary overview of the school's development plan for the current academic year.