The School has had a long and proud tradition of choral singing. For this living tradition to continue, we are constantly on the look-out for young people to become committed singers, boys aged approximately 7-10, and girls aged 9+. Boys can become Cathedral Choristers, girls (and boys with lower voices in the Senior Section) can become Choral Scholars.
The benefits of being a Chorister or a Choral Scholar
- The privilege of playing a leading role in leading people in the worship of Almighty God: many people find that sacred choral music helps lift their hearts and minds from the mundane to the transcendent. There are few more wonderful things to be involved with than this.
- A musical education like no other with tuition given for free.
- Confidence building
- A new group of friends - a chance to meet other boys/girls who enjoy making music and want to develop their talent
- Opportunities to participate in concerts and recordings, and visit other parts of the world whilst making wonderful music
- To work with a professional Director of Music
- Some reduction on the fees at the Cathedral School
How to become a Chorister or Choral Scholar
Singing in the Cathedral is a privilege, and one that will be part of a child's life forever. Obviously an ability and a desire to sing is essential. Sight reading of music is not essential although it is helpful. Older boys/girls with musical ability may be accepted if they pass an elementary audition.
Please contact the Registrar, Ms Deborah Whitehouse
on 029 2083 8504 or email@example.com in the first instance to discuss choral opportunities.